What is Skinimalism?
One of the newest trends for 2021, according to Pinterest is “skinimalism”. A new era of beauty that centers on less makeup, natural skin texture, and self-care. We are ahead of the game here at Lathering Lotus, we have been a minimalist skin care brand since our inception. We firmly believe that you are naturally beautiful. Makeup is optional, but healthy skin is not. In a post-pandemic world, we have gotten used to staying at home and using a “slow beauty routine” that lets us be ourselves, naturally. A multi-step beauty regimen is not necessary, nor is it environmentally friendly. You can get glowing skin effortlessly with a simple, consistent routine. Here is my recipe for healthy, hydrated and glowing skin naturally.
- Gentle Cleansing. Try a facial cleanser without harmful ingredients. Let the benefits of dead sea mud soothe your skin in our Dead Sea Mud Facial Soap. Soap not your thing? No problem, we’ve got you covered with our Botanical Cleansing Oil full of the best botanical extracts for the skin. Marshmallow root, Irish moss, aloe, and sunflower extracts are a winning team for skincare.
- Moisturizer. Continue your minimalist skin care routine with the amazing rosehip oil skin benefits in our Renew Facial Oil. The combination of evening primrose and rosehip oils creates a glowing, youthful skin appearance.
- Sunscreen. Prevent sunspots and premature aging by using a daily sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 and with broad spectrum skin protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Learn more about sunscreen from the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Gentle exfoliation. Be gentle to your skin and avoid harsh skin care ingredients. Your exfoliation schedule will depend on your skin type. For most people, using our Rose Clay Facial Mask once or twice weekly can give you glowing skin naturally at home. Follow up your exfoliation routine with a moisturizer like our Renew Facial Oil, it will nurture and renew your skin with antioxidants, vitamins, anti-inflammatory phytosterols, and essential fatty acids.
- Healthy diet. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet has health and skin benefits. Here is a fascinating article on nutrition and skin aging. Staying hydrated, avoid smoking, and eating a variety of foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids are steps that will make your skin glow.
- The benefits of exercise for skin are well known – who doesn’t love that post-workout afterglow. Getting your blood pumping improves circulation and carries oxygen and nutrients to your skin so it can do its job making collagen and keeping you looking beautiful. A great way to get exercise and reduce stress to improve your skin is to take a yoga class. Try this free yoga class with Jamie.
- Stress reduction. Anxiety and stress can aggravate your skin and make certain conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema worse. As a rosacea and eczema sufferer, I know that I need an anti-stress skincare routine. To learn how to calm a rosacea flare up, head over to the Rosacea is not Rosy.
Keep your skincare routine minimalist and let your natural self be the show-stopper. Be you, be beautiful, naturally.
Live at ease,